57% of Manufacturing SMEs Struggle to Optimise Operations
Despite numerous initiatives by the UK government and the EU to modernise manufacturing, 57% of the leaders in the manufacturing sector feel they are still not confident with technology, according to new research by a manufacturing consultancy firm.
More than half of manufacturing SME leaders are lacking the skills needed to move from paper to digital services. Respondents cited the following key issues:
- Lack of confidence with technology (50%)
- Lack of digital skills within leadership and employees 47%)
- Resistance from leadership 47%)
- No time of budget to train staff (27%)
- Lack of budget (26%)
58% of those who have gone 'fully digital' have said that it saved them money, improved morale (56%) and increased revenue (52%). Most manufacturing SMEs do see the potential benefits of doing digital, but the lack of digital skills proves to be too big a barrier.
SIGMA Technology helps SMEs to grow by optimising their operations using tailored off-the-shelf solutions and bespoke software, digitally transforming their workflows, and enhancing efficiency and therefore profitability. If your business is still relying on paper, please get in touch.
To help British businesses get ahead, we are offering a FREE Full Day On-site Consultation* worth £800 to the first 10 manufacturing SMEs that get in touch with us before the end of March 2022.
* Travel and subsistence costs may still be chargeable for distances over 50 miles, at our discretion. Any costs for travel and subsistence will be clarified at the time of booking the consultation.
27 January 2022